Distinguishing between heat and convectional systems is not easy. These two different units are somehow identical.
The good news is that there are several ways on how to distinguish them. Keep in mind both units are responsible for expelling out hot air.
A heat pump can be used both in summer and winter, whereas a conventional system can only be used in summer. A heat pump can expel cool air and blow warm air in the house.
A convectional system can expel warm air and blow cool air in your house. Hence, an ideal instrument to fix in the house during summer.
Ways to Tell If That Contraption Is a Heat Pump or an AC
Telling the difference based on the functionality of these units is not enough to make a clear distinction. You might end up getting more confused.
First, you need to read the labels on the units. Some units tend to have either a heat pump or an air conditioner label.
Second, inspect the service ports on the units. A heat pump has three service ports, while an air conditioner has two service ports.
And finally, consider checking the thermostat. Heat pump units have heating options on the thermostat, unlike air conditioners.
Another important thing is that most of these units are labeled. Therefore, there is no need to worry about distinguishing a heat pump and an air conditioner.
Residential HVAC Service to Keep Your Home Comfortable
We have a team of technical specialists who can handle all your HVAC problems. The experts are highly trained and knowledgeable about the HVAC system.
We know how to tune good heaters that have a problem with warming your house. We aim to make you feel comfortable in the house.
Our experts will ensure your HVAC system runs smoothly and optimally at an affordable cost. Here are some of our residential HVAC services:
· Heat repair and tune up
· Air conditioner repair and fine-tuning
· HVAC system design and installation
· Air purification testing and system installation
· Ductless HVAC system installation and maintenance
Benefits of a Heat Pump
Heat pumps are ideal instruments for installing in houses in a region of moderate temperatures. The instruments cannot handle the extreme cold and hot temperatures for air conditioning.
Here are some of the popular benefits of a heat pump:
· Heat pumps are quite affordable to run.
· The frequency of maintenance tends to be less.
· Fall under the renewable heat incentive scheme
· Heat pumps are safer than other heating systems.
· Have a solid construction which enhances a longer lifespan
Note: Installation of heat pumps is relatively difficult, and they have a large upfront cost. The good news is that it will help to save on energy bills in the long run.
Benefits of a Conventional System
An air conditioner is an ideal instrument for keeping your home cool during summer. The unit provides a cool breeze for comfort in warmer months.
Here are possible benefits of a conventional system:
· Create an ideal place to sleep
· Keep off insects and parasites.
· Create a cool place to exercise
· Prevent electronics from overheating
· Reduce the possibility of suffering from asthma
· Reduce the risk of dehydration during warmer months
Note: The traditional air conditioners tend to consume a lot of electricity. Hence, result in financial constraints when settling electricity bills.